WELCOME TO MY BLOG..PNG ITS YOUR HOME..


There is so much negativity published about our home Papua New Guinea (PNG). This blog gives you the positive things about PNG that public media always overlooks.



Please trust me that this blog will give you a honest positive perspective of PNG..from travel...business...research and what else that suits the moment..Relax and interact with PNG..


Saturday, May 7, 2011

UNIQUENESS OF SUAUAN MOTHERS- MILNE BAY PROVINCE..PNG

Today is mothers day and so this post is dedicated to all the beloved mothers from Suau. Suau mothers are very special and unique. We LOVE YOU all. 
My grandma still babysitting even she is with walking sticks (unending love)

I personally grew up from my child hood under six different mothers (not biological but culturally, we call our mother's sisters "mothers" in Suau rather than aunts). All these mothers treat me equally as my biological mum. I share equal rights with my cousins which I call brothers and sisters. They give the same discipline without favor and make sure I am given the best as that of their own children. They sacrifice there own food and bed for you even if you don't ask for it. Here is a special example.

One rainy day when my dad, other siblings and I were sleeping all day due to cold and bad weather, my mum returned from the garden soaked in water. As she put up the heavy basket load of the harvest, we all rushed to see what we can grab from the basket for immediate consumption. Without complaining she ignited the dying fire to keep the kitchen warm not for her sake but for us the children to sit by the fire and eat what we found in her basket. As the fire was burning she put up some corns and pitpits, which we thought was for her as she was looking very hungry and tired after walking the long hilly track to the garden in the heavy downpour. 

So as the corns and pitpits were still half grilled, my siblings and I competed to get them out of the fire thinking that mum might have them all by her self or give the bigger ones to her favorite child.. To my surprise she says,
"Can't you guys wait patiently? No one's gonna eat those stuff except you! wait until they are ready cooked then I can share them fairly among you, am not gonna eat them!" when the stuff were cooked, she shared them among us leaving herself none. As she was preparing the food for dinner we hungrily eat the "snack" and returned to bed waiting for her call for dinner which she surely called after an hour. Not to forget that as we eat the dinner hungrily she served us and waited to eat our left overs usually bones and fibrous parts of the food that we can't consume. She reserve that better left over in case some of us the children get hungry again during the night. After the meal we pushed out our plates towards her for her to clean up our mess without thanking her yet we hear no complains from her.


My mum preparing dinner while looking out for the playing children (multi job without pay). No selfish heart!

I now realized she is the GREATEST woman in my Life..whether it be my biological mum, aunt or fostered mum..We love you!


Who are the first to be served during the meal? men and children!. Mothers are truly self less.

Not to forget something about most Suau mothers that we also dislike. Take for example: She usually say, "Son that girl is part of our family, that one as well, that one, that one and am like "OMg every other girl is part of us', then am gonna marry out of Suau. Finally the lady comes home out of Suau and mums comes running hugging her and saying all the adorable words on the planet. Wait until Sunday after church and she will be like, "oh people, this lady is too fancy so and so..!" Saying it to her group of friends sharing some beda. haha..Are you laughing? They real cool..:)..

I find it controversial but the bottom line is mothers want the best for their children. They sacrifice their all for you and I. Suau Children should be happy to have very good mothers and that our mothers deserve all of our love. Treat them like that "fancy one" she calls, even a bit more before you hardly see her any longer. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU ALL!!

1 comment:

  1. hey.. iam here..
    woow.. ilike it.. ;)
    cheers
    candace
    http://superheroinegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete